Well, after a very stressful week, I decided to take it easy this weekend. I cancelled my Saturday activities. I spent time just hanging out Friday. I took Brycen to McDonald's for a happy meal and some fun time in the play place. Then we walked around KMart and played with all the toys in the store that make noise. (Cheap fun for a one year old...lol). After that, we came home, Brycen spent time with Daddy and Mommy got to relax. I slept in a bit on Saturday morning and Daddy made breakfast. I did a little laundry and that was it. I even walked to the park and did my new walk/run exercises. I started this last Thursday. I can't ever seem to find time by myself to work out. So a friend of mine that lives down the street is in the same boat and has two young kids, so we have decided that the best time for us to work out is 5:30 in the morning!!! I thought I would be miserable, but after I drag myself out of bed it really isnt that bad. In fact it gives me a lot of energy in the morning and I am finding that I leave on time for work... :) So, Saturday I went during the day by myself to go do the routine. I was quite pleased when I saw I lost another 3 lbs last week!!! I need 7 more pounds to be at my first goal weight!!! YAY!!
So then Saturday night I just kinda relaxed and spent time with the baby. The bigger kids played outside, had company and spent some time with Dad and even went to grandpas.
And then Saturday night, my husband's cousin invited us to go out!! We haven't been out in ages. We never seem to have a babysitter or the money. But oh man, it was much needed. We never seem to get a break from the kids and have time together. So we stayed out really late Saturday night. And then when we finally came home we spent even more time together just talking/bonding. It was so nice. But needless to say, since we were out and up all night,we didnt get up for church in the morning. :( But, I guess we just needed a weekend off, me especially. So yesterday we lounged around most of the day. Then I did do the cleaning and laundry. And then today, a paid day off. Those are the best. Thank goodness for President's Day. So on the agenda today, AJ has a dental appointment and I have some more cleaning to do and I need to get everyone's clothes ready for the week. Sounds like a blast I know, but I am really glad to have the day off!!!
Well, even though last week was disastrous, it is a new week and after my free weekend, I feel rejuvenated and ready to face whatever the world presents this week. (Hopefully it is a good one.)
Until my next post.....



No comments:
Post a Comment