Wow. It has been a really long time since I posted anything. :)
I guess we should start with an update. I saw that the last time I posted I was pregnant. Well that little man is now 15 months old. My kids are getting so big and I feel really blessed to be their mother. So for an update on the kids:
AJ is 13 now!!! He will be 14 in May and I have to say, teenage years are as hard as people said they would be. This is a time where they have to discover themselves, but as a mother, it is hard to know when to let go and to "choose your battles". I would have to say that as much as I hate to admit it, I am a controlling person. And it is so hard to let loose and let him make his own decisions, especially when you think they are making the wrong ones. I have to say though, he is a great kid. I work in the juvenile court system and I see so many kids even younger than him that are into things and troubles that even adults have no business in. So, is he obsessed with video games, yes...lol. But at least he is in the house and not out in the streets leaving us to wonder what he is up to. Does he hate homework and fuss every day when I make him study? Yes..., but at least he is still in school and doing well. Do we have to put him in check sometimes with his attitude, yes, but he is a very respectful kid who loves his family. I love him so much and couldn't imagine our family without him. I know he is growing up to be a great Man of God and I just pray that God will lead him in every area of his life.
Adrian is 7! I can't believe my little baby girl is growing up so fast! When they are little, you can't wait for them to start growing up and doing new things, but then its like all of the sudden, you realize that they aren't babies anymore. :( So bittersweet. I feel like lately I have let life get in the way. I do feel like I have let her get "middle child syndrome". Maybe not in her eyes, but in mine. I often feel guilty that with being a working mother, having 3 kids that are all in needy stages, and especially having a toddler, I find myself saying "Wait Adrian" or "Hold on, Adrian", "In a minute", "Not today, I just don't have time". So I am now making it a new goal to spend more mother daughter time with her. I think its important and I dont want to lose that bond with her. She is a great girl. She is very responsible for her age and she has been on the honor roll all year long!! What a princess.
Brycen is 15 months now!!! What a big boy! He is growing so fast! With thinking he will be the last baby, I am heartbroken with each new step. I love that he is already learning so much and growing into a strong healthy toddler, but it breaks my heart that my baby is already leaving the baby stage!! It just doesnt seem fair. He is starting to say his A,B,C's and I definitely think he is blessed musically. He loves to dance, sing (or try to) and play on the drums. I think he will have a great musical talent. He loves to praise God in church. Praise and worship seems to be his favorite part of the service.
Now to my husband, the love of my life. It has been a long journey for us. We have been together for going on 9 years. Married for going on 3! I love him so much. I thank God everyday for getting us through the tough times when satan told us we would never make it. I am very pleased to say that with the help of God, our Heavenly Father, we have pushed through those tough times and our marriage is stronger now than it ever has been. I pray for him everyday and I find a yearning in my heart to be the best wife I can be to him. It is something I pray for everyday. I want to be the woman of his dreams. I am far from perfect, but with God's help, and the help and support of my husband, I know we will have a long prosperous life together.
That is me. That is now.
Until the next post, be blessed!



No comments:
Post a Comment